DavenportLawrence has the ability to bring comprehensive solutions for expense reductions within local government operations. Our combination of private and public sector experience provides a broad spectrum of opportunities for innovative expense reduction initiatives while understanding and balancing public expectations with organizational culture and history.
Key Elements to the DavenportLawrence Expense Analysis Process
- We seek to understand the desired change.
Defining the desired change uncovers the difficult change implementation steps needed for long term impact.
- We help to define the client approach for targeting cost reduction and change.
The framework for evaluating where to target change programs is a key element of the DavenportLawrence approach to cost management.
- We help to identify the guiding principles for cost reduction and change.
Understanding the operational model in its current and desired state and the impacts to the organizational structure.
- We help to engage internal leadership to expand the capacity for operational change.
Champions for cost management initiatives insure success and sustainability.
Our expense reduction analysis service approach follows a planning period with our Client to align expectations with delivery and includes:
Identification and evaluation of all cost drivers that are areas of high potential for:
- Operational Optimization (People and Processes),
- Negotiation Positioning (Contract Rates And Renewals, Supply Chain, Service Vendors)
- Prioritization of Internal Operational Value (Internal Service Functions; i.e. Fleet, Technology Use, Telecommunications, Risk Management, Facilities Optimization & Maintenance, Billing & Collections, Shared Services, Inventory & Asset Management)
- Prioritization of External Operational Value (External Service Delivery; Parks & Recreation Programs, Public Safety, Building & Inspections, Land Use Management, Solid Waste Management, Community Development)
- Sustainability & Relevance (Implement & Maintain Strategies That Make A Difference)
- Internal Acceptance of Change (Evaluate & Plan For Effective Employee Collaboration)
- Public Acceptance of Change (Evaluate & Plan For Effective Public Collaboration)
- Innovative & Tested (New Approaches to Cost Management)